Monday 28 April 2014

Baking Cups, The Low Down...



So, everyone reading this has probably had a look on my website www.theshirebakery.com, or possibly another website, and has come across the 'Baking Cup', not understood fully about these little things, and totally bypassed them.

Many people so often ask me how they work, so I figured it would be a good opportunity to do a little write up on them for you all, so you fully understand the baking cup, and it's many uses.

So, firstly - you can bake in them. Seems obvious really, but people do ask. They are fully ovenproof, and also, because they are made with a high grade greaseproof paper (which is thick like card), greasemarks will not come through.

They also will not peel...I use these for most of my cake mixes, but in particular the ones that come out moist, or wet bottomed, such as my pineapple upside down cupcakes.  They also hold their shape. They really hold their shape. They are so sturdy in fact, that you do not need to put them in a muffin tin while baking, you can simply put them on a flat baking sheet (although you can still put them in a muffin tin, they do fit).

Their size next. These are approx. 5cm diameter at the base, 7cm diameter at the top and 3.9cm high. These sizes may vary depending on where you make your purchases, but these are our sizes. This is the perfect size for your cupcakes and muffins. They also fit into a standard cupcake box, which is another thing our customers often ask us.


Another point I need to make here is how to get your cakes and bakes out of the cup. I watch so many people do this, and fail miserably, or people contacting me to tell me that they cannot get their cupcake out cleanly, that I feel it is my duty to inform the nation on how to do this! To get your delicious cake out, in one piece, simply push up from the bottom, or (and this is how I do it) unpleat the cup (the pleats just pull apart without tearing) and your 'cup' is now a 'plate'!

Other uses for this cups. You can use these for lots of different things, for example putting jellies and ice creams, etc in for parties. These have even been used recently to make alcoholic jellies (the cup keeps all the liquid in), and I also have a lady who makes fudge and uses these with cellophane and ribbon to wrap them up as gifts. 


I hope this helps everyone. There is lots you can do with these, and from £2 for a pack of 20, why not experiment! http://www.theshirebakery.com/shop/4581701648/Cake-Cases-Boxes


No comments:

Post a Comment